Saturday, September 7, 2013

Veganism Going Mainstream?

This may not be news to many of you. I don't go to Target very often and never, before today, have I ever purchased any grocery items from them. But as I was picking up some greens for my rabbits in their small produce department, I decided to wander around to see if Target has anything to offer those of us who won't eat dead animals or their by-products. I was frankly shocked to find not only So Delicious non dairy ice cream products but Gardein chicken and beef products as well. The Gardein items were even on sale! Teriyaki chicken wings for $3.27, I'll take it, thanks. And they had a tremendous amount of various entrees and foods from the Amy's product line. Sweet!  Is it official then? Have vegans at last become mainstream? Certainly it must mean something when a large corporation like Target recognizes the demand for vegan foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment