Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy birthday, dear Cocoa


My Cocoa, with whom I sadly no longer live, is 10 years old. He came into my life back in 2003 when he met and fell in love with Ruby, the rabbit who started it all for me and who was brought home by my ex-husband. He was dumped at a rabbit rescue by the breeder who was trying to create perfect show rabbits. Cocoa's weak eye disappointed, as did his coat, apparently (the breeder was not thrilled with the markings in his fur). Happily Ruby recognized him for the sweetheart that he is and selected him from a variety of eligible bachelor rex rabbits. Though the bonding took weeks, once together, Ruby and Cocoa were inseparable. I miss them so much. Though I get to bunnysit them occasionally, it is not the same. I miss my everyday life with Ruby and Cocoa and the pain of losing them is one of the worst, if not THE worst, aspect of my divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment